An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for a leading diversified investment group in Dubai.
The Board Secretary is a qualified Lawyer appointed by the Board with principal role of advising the Board and Chair on legal and governance matters affecting the Company's operations. He/She will also assist the Legal Department on transactions.
- Understand and interpret the requirements of the Memorandum and Articles of Association of The Company and ensure compliance with the Commercial Companies Law.
- Ensure that The Company complies with its governing Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Review the Company's Articles of Association and any by-laws as required to ensure their continued adequacy and relevance, and provide recommendations to the Board on necessary revisions
- Prime responsibility for organising and assisting in Board Meetings, Board Sub Committees, Annual General Meetings and Extraordinary General Meetings. The Board Secretary will be involved in:
- Preparing the meeting agenda with the Chairman and the relevant Senior Management personnel;
- Issuing notice of meetings and agenda to directors, committee members and shareholders, applicable;
- Circulating papers /discussion packs to Board and sub-committees;
- Attending the Board, AGM, EGM and sub-committees meetings;
- Marking attendance and ensuring quorum is met;
- Recording and maintaining minutes of meetings and circular resolutions;
- Ensuring that voting rights are exercised correctly;
- Ensuring the meeting flows effectively;
- Providing advice to the Chairman and Directors on matters of governance; and
- Recording the decisions of the Board, ensuring that the decisions are relayed to Management to act upon.
- Review and keep up-to-date on developments in corporate governance and promote strong corporate governance practices throughout The Company.
- Maintain and updated Directors' Induction pack and Directors' Handbook.
- Advise and assist Directors with respect to their duties and responsibilities.
- Facilitate the orientation and ongoing education of directors and maintain record of Directors training held accordingly.
- Act as Board Chairman's confidant.
- Receive and distribute official correspondence received by The Company at its registered office.
- Co-ordinate circulation of written Board resolutions and minutes of meetings for signatures of respective members.
- Arrange the distribution of The Company's Annual report to Shareholders.
- Maintain the statutory registers of The Company.
- Maintain custody and monitor use of the corporate seal.
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Returns.
- Ensure that statutory forms are filed promptly.
- Facilitate inspection of statutory records, minutes of meetings etc. (regulatory inspection, external and internal audits etc.)
- Carry out any other appropriate duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Board, Board Chair, a Board Committee, Committee Chair or the MD.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors in Law
- Min 8 years PQE experience
- Extensive experience and knowledge of UAE Law - Corporate Commercial law
- Fluent in Arabic & English (ESSENTIAL)
- Strong business commercial acumen
We apologise that we cannot reply to everybody however we do guarantee that we look at every application. If you haven’t had a response from us within 7 days, you can assume you haven’t been successful on this occasion. (JC)