An interesting opportunity has arisen to work for one of Dubai’s most prestigious government entities that work diligently to build and promote Dubai’s creative industries. Their mission is to establish Dubai as a global innovation hub by developing both local and regional creative entities, as well as inviting and offering space to other innovative businesses from around the world.
- At this time they are looking for a Senior Executive to join the leadership team, to fulfil the position of Executive Director – Legal Legislation and Regulations. This person will lead the development of an appropriate regulatory framework for the Authority while ensuring implementation is in alignment with local, federal and international standards. The regulatory framework will govern the businesses who operate within their spaces. As part of this leadership position, you will also provide comprehensive advice on legal & governance matters to ensure legal exposure and offer sound legal risk assessment.
- Develop and recommend improvements to departmental policy and directs the implementation of procedures and controls covering all areas of Legislation and Regulations activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service to customers.
- Prepare and recommend the Legislation and Regulations function budget by preparing analysis and data related to specific elements as directed.
- Monitor the financial performance of the Legislation and Regulations function against budgets so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the Legislation and Regulations function to ensure that work processes are implemented as designed and comply with established policies, processes and procedures.
- Benchmark new and/or updated legislation, laws and regulations of other free zones in the UAE and internationally to recommend changes to the regulatory framework of the authority.
- Review new legislation that may impact the free zone and provide legal opinion to the relevant local and federal authorities.
- In collaboration with the Chief Legal Officer, assist the authority management in achieving the regulatory objectives of the stakeholders while participating in leading the establishment of legislations, regulations, policies, and decrees.
- Review, amend and submit for approval draft MOUs, SLAs, agreements, communications and contracts with third parties/authorities to ensure compliance and protect the interests of the authority.
- Assist in the representation of the authority in all legal issues/disputes and coordination with the Rulers Court (LAD) through preparation and submission of court responses, memorandums and pleadings.
- Serve as the secondary legal representative of the authority by providing the Tribunal with the application and description of the case, and co-ordinate with the Tribunal to provide legal perception, views, required information or appeal process and finally enforce the implementation of the Tribunal decision.
Education and/or Experience:
- Masters Degree in Law
- Minimum 10 PQE, with at least 5 within a managerial/leadership position.
- Experience in lobbying and regulation
- Extensive experience and proven track record in leading teams/working groups, and in managing external stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- English language skills – Fluent or Native
- Arabic language skills preferred but not essential
The client is offering an attractive Tax-Free package, + Annual return flight to home country. + Medical insurance.
We apologise that we cannot reply to everybody however we do guarantee that we look at every application. If you haven’t had a response from us within 7 days, you can assume you haven’t been successful on this occasion. (JC)