Our Multinational Client Operates in the Construction Industry.
This role reports into the MD in Qatar, with a dotted line into HQ in Europe.
We’re searching for a young, dynamic and ambitious professional from Europe, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa with significant relevant industry experience.
- Optimisation of Finance functions, roles and processes on subsidiary level – within the operational and organisational framework defined by Group Finance.
- Providing business partner sparring to MD on eye-level: challenging planning and reporting, questioning developments, suggesting operational and strategic improvements, developing answers together with MD, involvement in entrepreneurial decisions (i.e. pricing, investments, contracts, personnel …).
- Managing the capital efficiency and deriving measures in cooperation with MD.
- Ensuring and developing the finance function that is close to the business and adds value to the business.
- Close cooperation with Head of Finance, on driving global and local Finance initiatives.
- Key member of the management team.
- Timely and correct accounting according to local legislation and standards as well as Group standards incl. month-end and year-end process.
- Controlling: reporting, planning, forecasting, deviation and scenario analysis (i.e. challenging the business and developing answers) together with MD.
- Credit Management / Accounts Receivables as defined in global and local Credit Policies
- Taxation: sufficient focus on local taxation and tax management; additionally tax optimisation within group framework and supported by group-wide tax management.
- Ensure a well-functioning interface between operations and finance, e.g. contract clarity, invoicing procedures, IT system interfaces (sales, operations, accounting) etc.
- Treasury and liquidity management within group framework (i.e. central financing and FX management)
- Accounts Payables
- IT, HR: responsibility
- University degree in Business Administration/ Finance
- Strong analytical skills and a structured way of working
- Profound experience and broad understanding of corporate finance
- Knowledge about the local construction market is advantageous
- European passport holder, ideally a speaker of multiple European languages
- Strategically oriented and desire to shape organisation and processes
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and preferably experience with SAP FI/CO / SAP Business One
- Diligent, reliable and open-minded with strong communication skills
- Team leadership skills and team-building ability
We apologise that we cannot reply to everybody however we do guarantee that we look at every application. If you haven’t had a response from us within 7 days, you can assume you haven’t been successful on this occasion. (LV)