We’re searching for an experienced VAT Manager – someone who has been through the VAT implementation process previously, probably in Malaysia where this has recently taken place.
This is a group role with multiple subsidiaries in the region.
- Lead, manage and advise on value added tax to the organisation – Compliance, monitoring, structuring, optimization
- Provide inputs to develop and implement tax strategies ensuring compliance with local laws and accounting standards.
- Contribute to the development & implement VAT principles, policies and processes to ensure completion and compilation of tax returns across the business.
- Provide periodic training and mentorship to finance, supply chain and other relevant departments in regards to VAT implementation, documentation and compliance.
- Ensuring the organization to be up-to-date on changes in tax legislations
- Determine the tax compliance implications associated with various business initiatives/proposals
- Preparation of various MIS reports & submissions of the same to the immediate Supervisor
- Lead and coordinate ad-hoc tax-driven business initiatives
- Degree in business/economics, finance, accounting or any other related field.
- Professional Tax qualification would be an added value.
- Practical experience in a similar position in VAT
- Should have strong analytical/ problem solving skills including the ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Hands on experience in consolidation of accounts, preparing of feasibility reports.
We apologise that we cannot reply to everybody however we do guarantee that we look at every application. If you haven’t had a response from us within 7 days, you can assume you haven’t been successful on this occasion. (LV)