An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for a Leading International Financial Services Institution, situated in their Middle Eastern hub here in Dubai. At this time, they are currently looking to hire a junior to mid-level legal counsel to assist their Head of Legal. Directly reporting to the Legal head, the successful candidate will support with all day to day operational legal matters as well as contributing and giving input to larger project matters as and when required.
My client is a reputable international name within the financial services sector, H/Q’s in Europe and the group operates within Retail Banking, Investment, Trade Finance, Project Finance, Commodities, and other financial products. They have been operating successfully within this arena for decades and have a strong presence in the ME marketplace. This position has been created due to growth and demand.
The new Legal Counsel will take on generalist responsibilities including: Dealing with general day to day operational legal enquiries from the business; assisting in a variety of finance transactions relating to investment banking, project finance, trade finance, and so on; reviewing, drafting and advising on a diverse range of commercial contracts/ agreements; Assisting the legal head with legal matters relating to derivatives, swaps and other trading matters; dealing with ad hoc corporate legal matters; dealing with and advising on employment law matters, assisting with regulatory matters; supporting the legal head in any other ad hoc legal matters that arise. The legal head is excited to mentor and develop the successful legal counsel, giving the right candidate the opportunity to learn and develop their career within a supportive environment.
- Qualified Lawyer – must be admitted to practice in your home country/law society/Bar admitted. UK Bar Qualified preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years PQE – The role will suit someone 3-5 years PQE
- Fluent in English (Essential) Able to confidently draft in English is imperative. Candidates who do not have this language skill, unfortunately will not be considered.
- At least 3 years experience of practicing within a banking and/or finance environment. (You will not be expected to fully understand all areas of the job description, however a good foundation of dealing with general Banking/Finance legal matters will be essential)
- General corporate/commercial experience is advantageous but not essential.
- Commercial mindset
- Must be a self-driven, results and deadline oriented, and have a high multi-task proficiency
- Able to work in a fast paced, changing business environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Power Point, Word, & Excel
We apologize that we cannot reply to everybody however we do guarantee that we look at every single application. If you haven’t had a response from us within 7 days, you can assume you haven’t been successful on this occasion. (JC)