We are currently assisting a very prestigious, high profile business here in the UAE, who at this time, are looking to hire a junior to mid-level legal counsel to join their established & award winning legal team in Dubai. My client has a reputable name and are also an established household brand within the UAE market. They have been operating successfully within the IT/telecoms sector for many years and due to growth and expansion, they are now looking to bring further additional talent into their legal department to work on a wide variety of interesting legal matters.
Reporting to the Legal Head, this position will take on generalist responsibilities including: Dealing with general day to day operational legal enquiries from the business; reviewing, drafting and advising on a large range of commercial contracts and agreements inclusive of IT, Telecoms, service, tender, managed services, master vendor and so on; working with the support of the head of legal on complex government contracts/tenders and bids, dealing with ad hoc corporate legal matters, supporting business heads on a variety of commercial legal matters, dealing with employment law matters, assisting with the management of disputes; supporting the team and advising on various regulatory legal matters; plus other ad hoc project work.
You will be working within an established legal team and department structure and have the full support of your Legal head, as well as other team peers. The department head encourages knowledge sharing and good team work, and successfully promotes a learning culture, giving team members the opportunity to be part of the overall legal departments successes. (The Head of Department is an award winning GC, who has won accolades for their in-house contributions here in the ME - a great leader and mentor)
- Qualified Lawyer – Must be admitted to practice in your home country/law society/Bar admitted
- Minimum of 3 years PQE – The role will suit someone 3-5 years PQE
- Fluent in Arabic & English (ESSENTIAL) Candidates who do not have these language skills, unfortunately will not be considered
- At least 3 years experience of practicing within general corporate commercial legal matters
- IT/Telecoms experience would be advantageous
- Commercial mindset
- Must be a self-driven, results and deadline oriented, and have a high multi-task proficiency
- Comfortable working independently when required, as well as being a pro-active team player. Able to contribute positively within a team environment
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic business environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Power Point, Word, & Excel
We apologize that we cannot reply to everybody however we do guarantee that we look at every single application. If you haven’t had a response from us within 7 days, you can assume you haven’t been successful on this occasion. (JC)