An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for a Large Investment Group in Dubai. The Chairman is looking for an experienced Legal Advisor/Legal Counsel to work closely with him and the GM on a range of corporate, commercial and investment related legal matters. This is a stand-alone role, reporting directly to the CEO & GM.
The Group is diversified, investing and operating in developed and emerging markets across the globe, and currently has 5 verticals: Trading, Mining, Hospitality, Agriculture and Shipping.
Summarised Job Description:
The successful candidate will be exposed to all aspects of the business, reporting to the GM and Chairman and shall be expected to:
- Advise the various business verticals on legal matters and strategic projects.
- Advising on M&A and JV matters.
- Advise on matters protecting the group’s investments (due diligence) and in time recruit a team to support as the business continues to grow.
- Draft, review and negotiate full range of commercial contracts/agreements, JV’s, Partnership Agreements
- Support the Group with compliance and corporate governance (corporate policies, board structure, employment matters)
- Advising on other ad hoc legal matters such as labour law, disputes, as well as negotiating, nurturing and managing relationships with external counsel when necessary.
- The investments are in many countries around the world, in particular North and West Africa so there will be a strong international focus on the work.
- Qualified Lawyer – Must be qualified in home country (UK, European, US, AUS lawyers are preferred due to nature of work) and have at least 7 years experience working in a private practice law firm as a corporate/commercial lawyer, or in a similar role (People who have worked within in a diverse group environment will be favoured)
- The CEO is keen to bring someone on board who can take ownership in this role and is looking for a an experienced corporate commercial lawyer with strong corporate and contracts experience.
- You should also have good experience of managing relationships with external legal counsel/law firms – being able to get the most from the relationship and negotiate the best deals.
- Fluent English language skills are Essential, French in addition would be advantageous.
- Commercial mind-set
- Must be a self-driven, results and deadline oriented, and have a high multi-task proficiency
- Able to work in a fast paced, changing business environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Power Point, Word, & Excel
We apologize that due to the overwhelming response to receive to our job adverts, unfortunately we cannot reply to every application. However, we do guarantee that we consider every application. If you haven’t had a response from us within 7 days, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. (JC)