Questions to ask your interviewer
It's always useful to plan some explorative questions for the interviewer, don’t forget, you are interviewing them as well! It is best to use open questions that start with “How”, “What”, “When”, or “Why”. This will prevent the interviewer from giving “yes” or “no” answers. They will need to reply in depth, giving you fuller responses to your questions!
- What will be my responsibilities?
- Where will I fit into the overall organisational structure?
- Who will I report to?Where does he/she fit in the structure?
- Who will report to me?
- How experienced are they?
- What do you expect me to do in the first 6 months?
- What level of performance do you expect from me?
- Who are your customers?
- Who is your main competitor?
- Where is the company going? Upwards? Expansion plans?
- What are the chances of advancement/promotion in this position? When?
- What will be my salary, benefits and bonuses? [Do not bring this up too early in the interview - wait until they are sold on you.]
- Will travelling be required in this position?
- Will relocation be required now or in the future?
- What training do you provide?
- When will you decide on the appointment?
- What is the next step?
Remember - only ask these questions if they haven’t already been answered during the interview!
Posted on Saturday Mar 31