We are currently searching for an Arabic and/or French speaking Senior Accountant/Accounts Supervisor with some experience gained in one of the Big 4 firms to manage the accounting for a North African French/Arabic speaking country
The position will oversee all general accounting, and will also focus on Management Reporting manage one member of the finance team remotely. The role reports to the Regional FC in Dubai and involves travel to North Africa once every 1-2 months
Successful candidates must be happy to travel to remote locations and stay on a camp
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with regulatory reporting requirements and tax filings
- Design, implementation and monitoring of internal control processes for both finance and non-finance business processes and rapid communication and action to address areas of weakness, including balance sheet verification; SOD;
- SOX process documentation and execution; budgetary controls; IT system controls; and safeguarding of company assets.
- Play a strong role in the optimization and utilization of business systems to drive the business.
- Responsibility for preparing statutory accounts and tax returns and other statutory filing requirements for all legal entities and operations
- Manages direct reports in an effective and inspiring way and pulls together and supports individual and team development needs.
- Promotes and supports the Company’s HSSEQ and LEAD programs at all levels.
- Chartered Accountant – CPA/CMA/ACCA qualified
- Big 4 experience
- Male candidates only – due to travelling to this remote location
- Young, dynamic, driven personality
- Age: 27-33
- Hands-on accounting experience in industry
Thank you for your interest, all applications are viewed and evaluated according to the role requirements. We aim to contact shortlisted candidates within 2 weeks. As we often receive a high volume of applications we are unable to reply to everyone. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful. (LV)